Wednesday 27 August 2008

Go Matty!


Yes I'm sorry am probably the upteen billionth gay blogger to mention his name in the last five days but what a sweetheart is Matthew Mitcham???!!!! We all had tears welling in our eyes at Manacle (and no it wasn't from the BO) when he won. It was the highlight of the Beijing Games I must say. He seems like such a gentle kind fella and not half bad on the eye which always helps. It will be interesting to see whether Uncle Toby's or Kelloggs puts him on the back of their cereal packs; only time will tell. It is hoped that his opennesss will lead other gay athletes to be more honest with their sexuality and the sportsworld, in particular sponsors more accepting of gay people. I expect Mardi Gras has their eye on the young diver to lead the parade next year.

And to other more important news to hand. I got a shag on the weekend. Yes quickly someone write a press release. After three months of the "couldn't be bothereds", this bear finally dragged himself out of his cave and scored himself a Scotsman at the disco Saturday night (yes be careful Monty, I'm moving into your territory). And we share the same name can you believe it? For a moment I thought he was saying his name was "June" and whilst I have male friends who go by female names, I generally don't like to shag those who use them. I finally worked out throughout the course of the evening that he was saying "John". He is also a lawyer and a Catholic (my mother would be so happy). So apart from the fact that he was a redhead, 6 ft2 and of a non-portly physique, I was practically taking myself home....which is really no different to any other Saturday night.

C

5 comments:

T said...

well congrats ! Yes I have oft wondered whether we are looking in a lover for our mirror image or not.

Monty said...

Wahooo! Aren't Scotsmen the BEST!!! AND a redhead as well...AND 6'2" and non-portly...he sounds yummmy!!!!! If I didn't have my gorgeous McBrad already, I'd be jealous! Well done indeed!!!!!

Cahill's Rest said...

My dearest Tom Cat....as my friend Judy always says : I've never met a mirror I didn't like.

Anonymous said...

yay for tha shag!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Matthew Mitcham! And congrats to someone who is able to be out and participate in the Olympic games rather than banishing himself to participate only in the Gay Games. We need more men like him. I've never heard "shag" used in reference to what you accomplished with June, er John. ;-)