Wednesday 21 January 2009

Know Ya 'istory Kym


It's bloody 24 degrees, I can't turn CNN off and I can't uckin' sleep. That's right the cogs of history are about to turn. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of people are gathering in Washington to witness the inauguration of the United States' 44th president....and the Union's first African American president. It's 12.53am Wednesday morning in Sydney, the air is heavy and a storm is trying to break. It's almost mother nature itself knows that something "big" is about to happen. There is SO much expectation and hope placed on this man that he is almost bordering on supernatural. I hope such worship is not setting Mr Obama up to fail. We all want him to succeed. Only the future will tell. In the mean time....lets enjoy the show!

C

2 comments:

Victor said...

I set my alarm for 3.30am in order to get up to watch the inauguration. I needn't have bothered as last night's heat kept me awake most of the night anyway. I managed two hours sleep after the inauguration before getting up again to go to work.

Anonymous said...

Amen to your comment, "I hope such worship is not setting Mr. Obama up to fail." We need to give him time.