Thursday 11 December 2008

RIM

This morning 9am in a non-descript training room covered in fluoresence and bad carpet somewhere in the CBD.

I sat.

The IT trainer entered the room. He resembled a hamburger in a suit sweating from every pore.

"Hello and welcome to RIM training."

The trainer remained deadpanned as he pointed to the words on the whiteboard:

"RIM : Records Information Management or as I like to call it ....rimming."

I searched the training room for a hidden camera or some sort of hearing device; this had to be a joke right? What was it? Catch Out The Homosexual?

The entirely "straight" class continued to look "straight" ahead without a flinch as Mr Hamburger "rimmed" his way through the seminar.

Our organisation has a new data management system and it's called RIM.

There has got to be a homosexual somewhere in IT who is having the biggest laugh on this.

I cannot wait for the posters.

Cxx

2 comments:

Victor said...

How interesting! Before I retired the organisation I worked for introduced a records management system called TRIM. I never mastered it but I suspect I would have been far more adept with RIM!

How long before someones submits a sexual harrassment claim at your workplace?

Monty said...

ha ha! That's marvellous! Just imagine the fun you can have with that - ask the nice hot straight boys "Are you any good with Rimming?" LOL