Tuesday 23 December 2008

Ho ho ho ho......


Just a quick post to wish everyone a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year! I apologise for my slack blogging these last two months. Obviously I was away in November and December has been silly season where I've barely had time to put finger to keyboard. I'm hoping to have more time to write in January.....mainly because I intend not to eat or drink and thus will have much more time on my hands. I take off tomorrow afternoon for ten glorious days in the South Pacific to spend a very cOlin christmas with my brother and parents. Yes ten days with my family on Norfolk Island...one of the most remote islands in the Pacific. I'm still trying to work out whether that's a good thing or not....I will know by tomorrow night! Norfolk only received mobile phone coverage and the internet two months ago; scarey! Thank god though... I won't be completely on my own then! So hopefully I will get to do some blogging from there.

Merry Xmas everyone and here comes 2009 whether we like it or not!

Cxxxx

PS: I am also finding it absolutely intriging that I am taking more luggage on a ten day trip than I did on my five week holiday to the UK. Why?

4 comments:

Monty said...

Ummm, have a lovely time...I think. One of my former flatmates was a travel agent and he told me that Norfolk Island is great for honeymooners. Oh dear! Take lots of books! :-)

Cahill's Rest said...

Thanks

Sorry I missed ur xmas do sat night! I just ran out of time! Talk in the new year.

C

Victor said...

I've just packed three times the amount of clothing for a six days visit to Brisbane than I took for my two weeks trip through the Kimberleys and Kakadu. Go figure!

Anonymous said...

Have yourself a great time and here's to a prosperous and healthy new year. For me, the thought of me being on a remote island with my brother and parents is quite scary. ;-)

I guess it all depends on what is in your luggage regarding why there is more. Perhaps you have materials with you to help survive the family rather than just clothes? :-)

I might welcome the idea of escaping to a place where there is no cell phone reception or internet connection. :-)