Friday 16 May 2008

NUTS

In the last 24 hours, I've misplaced two train tickets, my work pass, my house keys and my mobile phone. This has caused me to have countless bi-polar moments resulting in arguments with myself. I am certain that our neighbour across from our apartment is convinced that three people live in number 8 instead of two due to the number of rows I have upon on my own person with no one else in the room.


"where have you put it John?"

"You haven't put it in it's right place have you?"

"why can't you make things simple?"

"why do u always do this"

"can't you just get your act together

"why! why! why!"
The dialogue is even scarier when I start answering back my own cross-examination. This is followed by the throwing of numerous inanimate objects blaming them for the disappearance of the missing item. I will then turn to religion and blame God for everything in the hope that God may produce the sort after object. Call it tough love if you will. These moments of absolute demented frustration seem to develop fantastical beliefs in my psyche that there are indeed fairies, leprechauns and angels deliberately stealing my things and making life very difficult. The truth of the matter is of course that I am a hopelessly disorganised unfortunate who could not find his way out of a paper bag without losing the paper bag first. On the day God was handing out the Organising & Tidying Genes, I was out at Happy Hour having a martini.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest easy, as you are not alone. And it never fails that once that lost object is replaced, the lost object all of a sudden re-appears in the most obvious of locations!

Anonymous said...

I've lost my three pairs of manolo blahniks this week alone with all the promos I am doing for Sex In My City.....I shall blame it on those nasty Cosmopolitans or Samanthan Jones... Slow down girl, twist turn smile for the paparatzzi....click ahhhh done for another day...SJP xoxox

Cahill's Rest said...

SJP....darling my elderly neighbour asked me to ask you if she could have her pot plant back....she saw it on your head at the SATC premierre

Monty said...

But the important question...did you lose your ticket to Impro Tropicano??? I looked and looked at half-time for you but there were just too many damn people in the way! :-(

Monty said...

Oi Mr! Tried to email you using the email on your profile but it rejected. Would be great to catch up for coffee - email me beejay71 AT hotmail DOT com. :-)