Friday 9 May 2008

Deterrence

Today at work we all attended our agency head's presentation on the corporate re-structure our government agency is about to undergo in 4 months.

We have all been aware of the impending re-structure and today we were told what that will exactly entail. I'm still not quite sure what that is.

An american man gave one of the other presentations and I found him most entertaining.....so much so...that I thought he was the half time act. I became more concerned though when I realised he is actually the main engineer behind the re-structure. He is the man our agency has paid millions to advise our agency on how to operate. And if his flowcharts are anything to go by, we're in a lot of trouble. Each chart resembled a Picasso painting with arrows. Such artistry is perhaps suitable for a gallery whilst consuming a pleasant cheese on cracker with a glass of shiraz but not as a communication device for conveying management issues in one's government funded organisation. Still as I said, he was most witty and should definitely consider getting an agent as I'm sure he could sell out stadiums in Vegas.

The upshot of the presentation however is that none of us are losing our jobs..... we are all keeping our jobs....well a job...not necessarily the job we have now at the agency but still....a job.
And it appears that I am going to be moved into a branch entitled Deterrence.
Does that make me then a deterrent?
Almost 7 years of practice and I am to become the legal professional equivalent of a can of Mortein?
Super
C

3 comments:

Monty said...

Well, at least you'll be a lot more pleasantly smelling than the ol' Mortein! (I'm hoping anyway)

Evol Kween said...

I admire you for being to able to see the humour in corporate presentations; they tend to put me to sleep.

Sunshine said...

I can't help but wonder what exactly it is that you'd be deterring... :P