Thursday 10 April 2008

Lights, Action…..Just Do Your Best Darling.

I had my final class of Theatresports last night. I will miss the classes very much. For the last 8 weeks every Wednesday night a group of nine of us have met for lessons at the Uniting Church at Glebe. This was the second stage of the Impro Australia Course. I took the first stage about this time last year and because of university and travel commitments couldn't take the second stage until this year. And thank god I did as I have met such a super bunch of people in this group.

We have our graduation performance Friday week at the Clarence Hotel in Sydney's Inner West. I hope we all keep in touch and keep doing theatresports. I enjoyed it immensely.

The group is made up of the following persons (goodness I feel like this is Big Brother)
· Lyn : Our ever fearless "what the fuck are you doing" teacher. She is brilliant and tears the best out of you kicking and screaming (and she's the one doing the kicking and screaming…ur the one limping).
· Emma: The gorgeous Emma: sultry, seductive and always slightly confused. Emma and I are always exchanging glances of "what the?" as Lyn is screaming at us.
· Jack: Just Jack! : Jack is a presenter with Saturday Disney and I always feel that he's about to present a cartoon. He's a fantastic at mime and has a great knack for making up songs. Jack does the best panicked laughter of any of us both onstage and offstage.
· Jess: TV Producer by day, "typewriter" by night….."typewrighter" being the name of a theatreports game whereby you have to tell a children's story while three actors on stage act out the "typewriter"'s story. Jess is very good at anything that involves narrating a story. Am always jealous of all her ideas.
· Jason: Greece's answer to Woody Allen. Jason has a fantastic radio voice and is wonderfully neurotic which of course is the perfect disposition to have for theatresports. His homebirth scene last night with Ivan was the best I've seen ever!
· Ivan: Project Manager by day, Project Manager by night. This guy knows how to organise….everything! From ideas to itineraries…..he always has a goal and achieves it. He consistently has so many good ideas for scenes whereas I'm left filing my nails wondering whether my grey and military print really works well with my figure.
· Emanda: Actress by day Actress by night. We are all still wondering whether the gorgeous Emanda was originally the gorgeous Amanda…..kind of like how the great Cate (Blanchett) was originally the plain Kate. Emanda is brilliant at mime and space jump and has a particular talent for playing erotic inanimate objects such as the Sexy Well and Erotic Letter Box.
· Matt: Accountant by day, director by night. Matt is wonderful with direction particularly his own ;). He's yet another ideas man….he always good at coming up with ideas.
· Luke: Hot by day Hot by night. Lucas is so hot he'd make cancer look good. Think Paul Newman in The Hustler. Apart from being a great improviser and a good singer, he can play the guitar and impersonate gorillas. And yes he's straighter than Jesus.
· Myself: Myself By day and myself by night. Well as everyone knows, I'm good at 'making a scene'.

1 comment:

Monty said...

My friend J is producing a Theatresports evening in May at the NIDA theatre...you should come along!