Monday 16 February 2009

RIP tmc


As I mentioned in a previous post, I had been umming and arrrring over whether to rest tmc recently and something happened today that has convinced me that it is now time for Colin to leave the building. tmc has been bordering on more an on-line diary of late....something I never intended it to be. And this has lead to someone quite close to me being hurt......even though it was certainly not my intention to do so.


tmc has been a great experiment and I've loved it for reconnecting me with my love of writing. I'm certainly not going to give up but I think it's a sign to get serious about this craft and tackle something much bigger than a couple of blog entries per week.


Thanks to all of you who read tmc, some of you are my closest mates and some I've never met in my life. Regardless I've always appreciated your words of encouragement.


I never say never though, so you may see me back out there in the blogoshpere at some point but not as Colin......Colin and his blog of thoroughly modern shenanigans is most definitely and completely over.


Thanks for reading!!



C


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's a pity, and yes I can see which post you have removed.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you Colin, but stumbled across your blog one day and became addicted. Days like today, where there were 2 whole blogs for 1 day, are the best and as soon as I come home I check my computer to see if you have written a new blog. Even if I have had the shittest day at work, they make me feel so much better and I always laugh like crazy whilst reading them. PLEASE PLEASE don't shut down tmc, it's my favourite blog (maybe just tailor them to avoid certain sensitive subjects). Your blog keeps me going, please don't end it!

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOO I know the one you were talking about but surely that does not justify the removal of the whole thing???? PLEASSSSSE don;t!!!

Victor said...

I'm sorry that you are winding up.

You have written many really witty and enjoyable posts.

You will be missed.

Monty said...

Doh Doh doh Doh Doh Doh!!!! This is indeed a terribly sad event! You will be DEEPLY missed Colin!

Anonymous said...

We will look forward to your next project Colin!

It is tricky when a blog turns into your thoughts and opinions of family, friends, lovers, exes, colleagues and what not. It gets really dangerous then as the likelihood is to offend!

Anonymous said...

It's a shame to see you go, but I wish you all the luck in the world with your future endeavors.

Anonymous said...

Sad to see you go, but I look forward to the reincarnation at some point. Cheers!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Will miss your eloquence and wit Colin. I do hope you will continue with your writing.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh bugger...I have loved reading your blog as I have told you - it is so hilarious and I can relate to it on so many levels...and I totally get your wicked sense of humour...see you soon for a bevvy....Adam
RIP Colin...miss you already

Too funny, my word verification was the word "Humnisr"...thats so Britney !!!

T said...

I too have enjoyed reading tmc ... but it is your choice - but may be dont take the decision too quickly.

You write very well and really tickle my fancy.

best wishes in any event. Tom in Bondi

Graken said...

Bye.

I enjoyed (and am jealous of) your wit.

Keep up the writing. You're good at it.