Monday 30 June 2008

PRIDE


The ageless ever-fantastic Ms Lauper at the San Francisco Pride Parade on Sunday. I can't believe 3 months have passed already since I saw her perform at this year's Mardi Gras party. She was the highlight of the party. Oh to be at one of the hotspots in the Northern Hemisphere for pride festivities right now! I was in San Francisco and New York for their Prides five years ago. I had a such a good time. And alas, yet another year where Sydney doesn't have any Pride festivities.
C

3 comments:

T said...

Surely Mardi Gras itself is the equivalent of a Pride march ... or do you think there is a difference in that Pride is may be more a political event ?

Tequilla Mockingbird said...

I LOVE her knew cd- I play it all the time. Cindi Rocks!!

T xx

Anonymous said...

Not being an Aussie, I am not aware of any political feelings toward Pride parades in Australia, but I surely would have thought Sydney was progressive enough to have one. Was it a matter of organizing it? Chicago's was this past weekend and despite some rain, it was a great time.