Monday 16 June 2008

BECOMING MASTER COLIN

I handed in my second last paper this morning. I have one more assignment to do and I am finished my Masters. Yay! I am never going to study again. I have spent the last two months continually procrastinating over this paper like I've done with every paper I've done in this Masters degree. My apartment has never looked so clean and organised. Any time I attempted to do research would result in a fascination with a dishcloth and/or a vacuum. Thankfully during the past weekend, I was able to focus and finish the damn thing off. Now all I have left is a 2000 word paper which is nothing compared to the 10 000 words I had to write for the one I've just finished. Once that is completed, pass marks permitting I will then have a Masters Degree In Laws majoring in Human and Social Rights……whatever that means. It will be about as useful to my career­­­­ as Amy Winehouse going to rehab, but it will be great for dinner party conversation and perhaps getting people to do things for me.

"Judy pass me the salt, I have a masters degree"

“Hey Mum, iron my shirts, I have a masters degree”

"Hey Hugh Jackman, come to bed with me, I have a masters degree"

"Hello Mr Billionaire, take me to New York on your private jet, I have a masters degree"

“Hey spunk buy me a drink, I have a masters degree”

"Hey shop assistant, take 50% off that Ben Sherman Shirt, I have a masters degree"

"Dance with me, I have a masters degree”

"Sit on my face, I have a masters degree"

You get my drift. I will let you know how I go.


C

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming from the GLBT community, I think this Master's means VERY MUCH! And Congratulations are in order! Remember this is an accomplishment, not a task. So when did you want to go to New York? (since I'm a billionaire) ;-)

Sunshine said...

Congrats! I'm so NEVER going to study again. It's a good feeling, isn't it?

T said...

"Boi you are going to be my slave, I have a Masters Degree"

Sounds a great line, Congrats !

Monty said...

ha ha ha ha! Good luck - can't wait to find out how it goes for you! :-)

Ivan said...

So THAT'S what you do with a Masters - all this time I thought it was a way to owe the govt even MORE money! Now I know better so tomorrow I'll say, 'do my work, Peon! i have a Masters degree.'

And congrats on the impending graduation, John.