Saturday 1 November 2008

And I'm OFF!

Well I'm packed. I think. I've unpacked, repacked, unpacked and packed again about 40 times while at the same time writing about thirty different lists which make no sense and are strewn throughout my apartment. My new backpack which the saleswoman assured me is bigger than my old backpack seems remarkabley smaller; perhaps it's "the aerodynamic design". I didn't know backpacks were supposed to literally fly. Anyway it looks great and it does fit everything.....just not sure whether I'm going to be able fit much shopping in there. Speaking of shopping, I made a random flight outfit purchase this afternoon....a black velvet fedora. It looked great when I bought it but when I try it on, I fear I look like I'm auditioning for a part in Yentl. I should have gotten the Navy blue instead of the black. My flight is tomorrow night (read tonight); I still have a bit to do ....annoying things like buying toiletries and vitamins as well a visit to my gp to get some sleeping tablets for the flight....which I should have done earlier in the week but Last Minute Colin never seems to learn; just want to get on that plane....a stopover in Seoul and I'm in London town. Can't wait!

I've decided not to take my laptop so I'm not sure how regular and thorough my blogging will be but I will try to put something up at least once a week. I have a good feeling about this trip. I think I'm going to have a really good time.

YAY!

C

9 comments:

Victor said...

Travel safely and have a terrific time!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and take lots of photos!

Anonymous said...

Dont come home with Mad Cow Disease..

T said...

Likewise - & I hope the Aussie Dollar improves for you - SOON !

Anonymous said...

And the Fedora looked fabulous dear - sorry we didn't mention it! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday, mate :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday! :)

Monty said...

Wah Have a FAB time over there - pick up lots and lots of British boys and shag them senseless! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear you are gone a week and nary an update. I demand an immediate hastening to a café of internet connection to enliven us with your stories of fripperous hilarity and undoubted mishap!