Monday 31 March 2008

Earth Hour?




I was absolutely appalled to find out on the weekend that there were ten minutes of fireworks over the harbour following Earth Hour. What on earth is the point of switching off all our lights for an hour if we are then to follow it by ten minutes of burning gun powder? (Clover Moore (Sydney Lord Mayor) would have fireworks to go to the toilet if she could). It kinder offsets the carbon footprint offset doesn't it? Mind you I shouldn't talk: I totally forgot about Earth Hour. It wasn't until I read the smh website at about 10.30 that I realised I'd missed it: I had everything on in the house; all the lights, the computer, the telly, the washing machine, the dishwasher and the fan and I chain-smoked all night. I didn't have a carbon footprint; I had a carbon stampede!

1 comment:

Monty said...

Oh, appalling!!! But highly amusing! ;-)